In my last post The Beginnings Of A Dress I had embarked on dying the fabric and fitting the toile for my niece’s leavers dress. We’ve got a lot done in a week, including making and beading some of the flowers to embellish the dress.
We also made time to visit my friend Amanda – I made a Garden Fairy’s Dress out of Rhododendrons from her garden last October. This time she had baked a delicious tea cake soaked in a brandy syrup and adorned it with fresh flowers.
Despite the wintery temperatures, wind and rain this week – all the flowers – both real and silk have allowed Springs festive air to shine through.